FlappyTheDugongFlappyTheDugong

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats 9 Fans

All 24 art Reviews

Face Pulling Face Pulling

If only advertising was as good as "sour as all fuck!"

Amen to that.

Fortune Cookie Fortune Cookie

I don't know what to say, this one is my favourite!

Thanks :]

The Park 2014 The Park 2014

I highly recommend getting a program that can turn scanned images into vecorised lines. It will suit your style much better than photoshop. Almost all of the products made by Toon Boom can do this. Even flash has a feature where you can convert images into vector lines.
Basically having vectorised (not bitmap) lines will allow you to fill in areas of colour with ease, and will do away with the frustrating artifacts (all the white dots) that prevent you from having a nice clean fill.

ChazDude responds:

I can't afford any of those programs.

Also, this was done in GIMP, not Photoshop.

Thanks for the review anyway :]

Father's Day Father's Day

This one is probably my favourite. Best joke so far, as both the set up and the punchline were very good!

*Thanks you*

Victor Victor

That is some absolutely astounding control over watercolours you have! I didn't think that such precision was possible with them!
Amazing effort!
Was this based on another artwork, or is it an original?

NataliKlekot responds:

Wow, thanks so much for such a nice comment! Really appreciate it :D
And yeah, that's an original ))

Wrong Kind Wrong Kind

Solid delivery on this one!
I like how, even though it's a comic strip (and therefore a still image) You still managed to deliver great comedic timing with the 2 panel pause before he gets his head smashed in!

ChazDude responds:

Thanks for the constructiveness!

More on the way ;]

Azazel Azazel

I can't help but feel that he bears somewhat of a resemblance to Ichigo from bleach.
Other than that the pose is fantastic, we get a great sense of speed and direction. And the glowing streaks coming from the eyes are great, not sure how you did that.
I feel like you need to work on your shading more. I don't really get a clear sense of which direction the light is coming from, and in general it looks a bit too soft. The shading isn't bad, it's just a bit flat in the overall scheme of the image.
I feel like Cel shading (or just shading in large blocks of shadow and light rather than gradients, not sure if cel shading is the right term) would have done better this piece more than gradients do, as the pose is very dramatic and cel shading works well for that kind of thing.
As a potential option, you could have had a lighting bolt, considering that it is raining, and use that as the light source. Then you could have done great work with shadows and highlights.
Also I'm not sure if the green streaks are actually actually a light source or not, but some green highlights could have been cool.
Rain is very hard to do, and I feel like you have done a very good job of it.

DVR DVR

I really love how you've created an amazing expression with only a mouth! It gives the character amazing personality. I also see a lot of people trying the arms extending into fat hands look and failing, but I think you've pulled it off fantastically! If only I could draw poses as well as this!

MrWife responds:

Ahhh, thank you so much~
i will make u a tutorial on how i fuck up anatomy this hardcore

Mwais IV Mwais IV

Gotta say, I actually preferred your 2011 version. The way you did the line-work was much more interesting, by using different coloured lines rather than simply black. I feel like at least the facial hair in this piece would have benefited from your 2011 line style. I honestly think that your desire to add "more details" is an unnecessary one, considering the style of these pieces I'd say that less is more.

ZeTrystan responds:

I understand that. Actually... I wanted to add colored line! But I was dumb and I made the mistake to flatten the lines with the thick black line around the character, so I wasn't able to easily paint my lineart.

But thanks a lot for your small critique, I appreciate it.

Dark Dark

You really need a smoother way of setting up the punchline, because it felt rather forced. "Also, do you want this left-over chocolate" just seems like a complete non-sequitur.
Nice art, style seems well developed. Simple, yet effective. Maybe work on creating more diverse expressions with the eyebrows.

ChazDude responds:

I couldn't really see any other way to pull off that punchline effectively...

Btw, Thanks, I'm pretty sure this is the first constructive review I've ever gotten.